The American College of Radiology Data Science Institute™ is collaborating with radiology professionals, industry leaders, government agencies, patients, and other stakeholders to facilitate the development and implementation of artificial intelligence (AI) applications that will help radiology professionals provide improved medical care.
ACR DSI is developing a framework for implementation of machine learning in the radiological professions that:
- Defines clinically relevant use cases for the development of AI algorithms in medical imaging, interventional radiology and radiation oncology
- Establishes a methodology and provides tools and metrics for creating algorithm training, testing, and validation data sets around these use cases
- Develops standardized pathways for implementing AI algorithms in clinical practice
- Creates opportunities for monitoring the effectiveness of AI algorithms in clinical practice
- Addresses the regulatory, legal, and ethical issues associated with AI in medical imaging, interventional radiology, and radiation oncology
Learn more about our progress in the DSI Annual Report 2019.